Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My New Craft Room Part 1: Charming Craft Table

Our house has a room intended for an office which we had originally set up as a work out room.  After about two years of not being used, my husband threatened that he was going to make it his office if I didn't put it to use.  So rather than jumping on the treadmill and staking my claim to the room, I decided to make it a room that is a little more functional for me...a craft room!  

I started with an antique dining table I found on Craigslist.  It was $200, but I really loved the character it had so I went for it. 




We sanded and cleaned it...well, scrubbed it...it had a lot of build up of goo from over the years in the carvings.  

I wanted a crisp white to really pop in the room.  Sorry for the funky color...I took the photo at night and the lighting wasn't great.  

 I love the detail!

At some point down the road, I plan to have a piece of glass made to put on top to prevent scratching of the surface since it will be used for crafts and such.  Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment