Saturday, August 25, 2012

Craft Room Part 3: Not-So-Average Office Chairs

I found two of these chairs at a furniture resale shop and got them for $10 each.  They were definitely looking pretty nasty.  I think Derek thought I was crazy for buying them. But I had a plan...

This was another pre-blog project, so I apologize for not having step-by-step photos.

I removed the padding from both the seat and back and sanded the wood down.  Because I wanted to use them in the craft room I used the same white paint as I did for the craft table and cabinet. I removed the old nasty fabric and replaced it with fabrics that were bright and fun.
  
I planned to use one of the chairs (the one on the right above) as my actual chair to use at the table but it sat so high that my legs didn't quite fit under the table, so I had Derek cut a few inches off of the bottoms of the legs to solve the problem.




I really like how they turned out!


1 comment: