Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm Baaaaack!!!

So it's been MONTHS since my last post...  My pregnancy put me temporarily out of commission...morning sickness, fatigue, pain, etc....but now my 'nesting' has kicked in and I'm anxious to share what I've been up to... I've got five weeks until my due date so I'm going to make the best of it... So here we go!!!

Since my last post, a lot has transpired...

1) I had a lovely weekend with some girlfriends in October which was joined by what I thought was a slight case of food poisoning...which I later realized was morning sickness. So I'm now 35 weeks pregnant with a baby girl!

2) In December we got a call about a job opportunity for Derek in North Carolina. So we started planning a trip out there in January to check it out and in the meantime got a call about another opportunity in Kansas. So after trips out to each location, catching up with old friends at each place, and much prayer, we felt like God was calling us to Kansas.  So in February we made the decision and as of March, we are now residents of Kansas City, KS. 

3) The new job opportunity for Derek has allowed me the opportunity to be a full time stay-at-home mom. I'm incredibly blessed, but it has definitely been a transition for me.  I love to work and miss it and my co-workers dearly.  But fortunately, between the move, the pregnancy, getting ready for the baby, settling into our temporary house and preparing to build a new house, I've kept pretty busy.

4) As mentioned, we are building a new house here in Kansas.  We've been incredibly blessed to be able to live in a 3 bedroom home pretty much on the campus of the hospital where Derek works while we await the completion of the our new house.
          a) The house we are in now is about 1100 square feet and was built in 1963.  It's cute and cozy with some fun retro character.  So, of course, I have to take advantage of the opportunity to do a little fix-up work and decorating.  I'll keep you updated in future posts.
          b) I LOVE the idea of being able to pick all of my finishes for the new house and make it what we really want.  HOWEVER,  if you've ever been pregnant, you know that, for some reason, pregnancy has the tendency to inhibit our ability to make decisions.  Needless to say, it's been quite the challenge to not only make decisions, but also to stick to them. 

So that's the quick update on the past six months.  I'll start with some fun new posts tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment