Sunday, September 2, 2012

The New Playroom: Part One - Happy Colored Chairs

Our house has a formal dining room between the living room and kitchen.  However, we are not exactly 'formal' people, so we have repurposed it as Grayson's playroom.  Because of where it's located, it's really nice because I can see him play from pretty much anywhere I would usually be downstairs.  However, that means anyone that comes over will see the unpleasant mess that comes with the typical playroom.  So, seeing as this is Part One of the new playroom, I guess I should show you what I'm working with...so here it is...


Pretty neat huh?  Ok, maybe not...
Well, I decided to start with the wood table and chairs that I got at a children's resale shop for $20. I knew I wanted to paint the table white, but I was torn with the chairs.  I wanted to keep them bright and happy and I had an idea of the main colors I wanted for the room, so here is how they turned out:



The main colors for the room are going to be lime green, teal, orange, and brown.  I used Lowe's Valspar brand in an interior semigloss to make them easy to keep clean.  Here are the paint colors I used:
Green - CI235 - Twist of Lime
Teal - CI250 - Sprinkler

Stay tuned for more upgrades to the playroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment